Dental Attraction Center
Dental implants are the ultimate in dentistry for the purpose of replacing lost teeth. Millions of people around the world loose teeth because of lack of good hygiene. However, advancement in dental practices has now made dental implant a very viable and preferred choice for the replacement of missing natural teeth. Unlike the fixed and removable dentures which take support from the nearby healthy teeth, the dental implants are directly anchored within the jaw bone just like the natural teeth.What are Dental Implants?Implants are screws of special metals like titanium and its alloys which are screwed inside the jaw bone. Implants serve as the root component of a missing tooth, over which a suitable prosthesis such as a crown, bridge or a denture is placed to complete the artificial tooth structure.
What is involved installing an Implant?
An implant is a life time procedure-once done, it should last you a lifetime. It is also rather costly. Hence, it is normally done very carefully, and may, normally, take two or visits to the dentist. The following steps are involved in getting an implant in place.
- Assessment and Planning – Depending on the needs of the patient, such as the number and the positon of the teeth that need to be replaced, an exhaustive examination will be carried out by your dentist to assess whether you are a suitable candidate for getting dental implants. Lack of sufficient bone to act as anchor, and ill health with certain diseases will preclude implant placement. Finally, a treatment plan will be drawn up by the dentist while considering the dental needs and the esthetic demands of the patients
- Administration of Anesthesia – Before initiating the procedure, the patient is made pain-free by administering an anesthesia. In case a single implant is to be placed, local anesthesia is usually sufficient. However, if multiple implants have to be placed in a single sitting, a dentist may choose to perform the procedure under general anesthesia or sedation.
- Soft Tissue Exposure – Bone is exposed by cutting through the oral soft tissues and a suitable hole drilled into the bone, such that the diameter of the hole is slightly lesser than the diameter of the implant that will be placed inside that hole.
- Placing the Implant – The implant is screwed into its position by applying precise and controlled forces. Afterwards, a healing cap is placed over the implant and the patient
- Placing the Prosthesis – one of the benefits of getting implants with Dr. Rouhani is that you can get your implants placed in a single day. This means that you don’t have to wait for 3-4 weeks before your implant treatment is completed.
Advantages of Implants
Implants have several advantages over the conventional brides and dentures.
- Natural Looks – Teeth on implants look much more natural than the conventional dentures.
- Better Speech –Conventional bridges move somewhat and do not allow good pronunciation. Implants are installed into the bone and will not move. Hence they will perfect speech.
- Comfort –Being perfectly fitted and not loose, implants are much more comfortable.
- Better Chewing– Chewing involves vertical and horizontal movement of teeth against opposite teeth. Loose dentures do not allow correct crushing. Teeth on implants being rigidly fixed perform much better chewing like natural teeth.
- Durability– Implants are durable will last you a life time. Success rate is as good as 98percent.
- Others– There are other advantages like convenience, improved self-esteem, and better oral health which latter leads to better overall health.
Selecting an Implant Specialist
Since Dental implants take a substantial investment, and for a lifetime, you must be careful in selecting a dental service for getting an implant. For this purpose Dr. Rouhani’s dental service should be your best choice if you are residing in North Dallas, Texas.
At Dr. Rouhani’s dental service we have all necessary state of the art equipment required to give you a reliable implant. All skills required for the procedures listed above are present under one roof. Further, a special advantage of going to Dental Attraction Center is that the procedure is completed in a single day.