Dental Implants – North Dallas, TX
The Most Effective Solution
for Tooth Loss
Dental implants are the ultimate in dentistry for the purpose of replacing lost teeth. Millions of people around the world lose teeth because of lack of good hygiene. However, advancements in dental practices has now made dental implants a very viable and preferred choice for the replacement of missing natural teeth. Unlike the fixed and removable dentures which take support from the nearby healthy teeth, dental implants are directly anchored within the jaw bone just like natural teeth.
Why Choose Dental Attraction for Dental Implants?
- In-House Cone Beam Scanner Provided
- Dental Implants Placed In-House
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Implant Dentist
Benefits of Dental Implants
Implants have several advantages over the conventional bridges and dentures. You can read about the most notable benefits below, regardless of the number of teeth you need to replace.
- Natural Looks – Teeth on implants look much more natural than conventional dentures.
- Better Speech –Conventional bridges move somewhat and do not allow good pronunciation. Implants are installed into the bone and will not move, hence they will perfect speech.
- Comfort –Being perfectly fitted and not loose, implants are much more comfortable.
- Better Chewing – Chewing involves vertical and horizontal movement of teeth against opposite teeth. Loose dentures do not allow correct crushing. Teeth on implants being rigidly fixed perform much better chewing like natural teeth.
- Durability – Implants are durable and will last you a lifetime. The success rate is as high as 98 percent.
- Others – There are other advantages like convenience, improved self-esteem, and better oral health which leads to better overall health.
Indications for Dental Implants
While there are many solutions for tooth replacement, it’s important to keep in mind that all levels of tooth loss can be resolved via dental implants. Whether you need to have a single tooth replaced or an entire arch, here’s how Dr. Rouhani gets it done.
Missing Single Tooth
Replacing a single tooth requires only one implant post and one implant-retained crown. The implant is placed into the jaw and given several months to heal. Then, an abutment is placed on top, which acts as a connector for the restoration. After additional healing is complete, the permanent restoration is attached. This restoration is made from porcelain to ensure the best esthetics possible.
Missing Multiple Teeth
To replace single or multiple consecutive teeth, we can use a pair of dental implants to hold a bridge. Not only are you able to experience the most notable benefits of dental implants, but you don’t have to modify existing tooth enamel just to have your restoration placed.
Missing All Teeth
Whether you need to have a partial or full denture placed, you can easily affix them onto dental implants. By placing four to six dental implants throughout the mouth, you can expect a longer-lasting restoration and a much stronger biting force. You also won’t have to worry about using denture adhesive to keep your restoration in place.
How Dental Implants Work
Implants are screws of special metals like titanium and its alloys which are screwed inside the jaw bone. Implants serve as the root component of a missing tooth, over which a suitable prosthesis such as a crown, bridge or a denture is placed to complete the artificial tooth structure. An implant is a long-term procedure; once complete, it should last you a lifetime. It is also rather costly, therefore, it is normally done very carefully and may take two or more visits to the dentist. The following steps are involved in getting an implant in place.
- Assessment and Planning – Depending on the needs of the patient, such as the number and the position of the teeth that need to be replaced, an exhaustive examination will be carried out by your dentist to assess whether you are a suitable candidate for getting dental implants. Lack of sufficient bone to act as an anchor and ill health with certain diseases will preclude implant placement. Finally, a treatment plan will be drawn up by the dentist while considering the dental needs and the esthetic demands of the patients.
- Administration of Anesthesia – Before initiating the procedure, the patient is made pain-free by administering an anesthesia. In case a single implant is to be placed, local anesthesia is usually sufficient. However, if multiple implants have to be placed in a single sitting, a dentist may choose to perform the procedure under general anesthesia or sedation.
- Soft Tissue Exposure – Bone is exposed by cutting through the oral soft tissues and a suitable hole is drilled into the bone, such that the diameter of the hole is slightly lesser than the diameter of the implant that will be placed inside that hole.
- Placing the Implant – The implant is screwed into its position by applying precise and controlled forces. Afterwards, a healing cap is placed over the implant and the patient.
- Placing the Prosthesis – one of the benefits of getting implants with Dr. Rouhani is that you can get your implants placed in a single day. This means that you don’t have to wait for 3-4 weeks before your implant treatment is completed.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
When you’re planning your finances for dental implants, it’s important that you complete a consultation with Dr. Rouhani first and foremost. This meeting helps you confirm the number of teeth you need to replace, the type of restorations used to rebuild your smile, and preparatory treatments you’ll need to receive dental implants in the first place. All of these factors influence your total cost, which is why dental implant treatment cost varies so significantly. Regardless, dental implants are often seen as the most cost-effective solution for tooth loss because of their longevity, esthetics and function.