Veneers – North Dallas, TX
Fast and Life-Changing Cosmetic Treatment
Have you ever watched a movie and been overcome with jealousy at how all the stars seem to have perfect teeth? That’s actually because many of them choose to enhance their smiles with veneers. This fast and life-changing cosmetic treatment can correct virtually any imperfection you may have in your smile, from chips to stubborn stains. Give yourself a smile fit for the silver screen by getting veneers in North Dallas!
Why Choose Dental Attraction for Veneers?
- Dentist Is an Expert in Cosmetic Dentistry
- Treatment Only Takes Two Appointments
- Designed to Replace Several Cosmetic Issues at Once
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are a powerfully versatile cosmetic treatment. They are thin shells made of dental porcelain that are cemented to the front of your problem teeth to improve their size, shape, and color. Veneers can be used to correct:
- Broken teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Very worn-down teeth
- Teeth with gaps or spaces
- Mildly misaligned or crooked teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
How Are Veneers Made?
When it has been decided that veneers are right for your smile, we will begin custom-making them right away. In preparation, we will perform a detailed examination and remove a small layer of tooth enamel to ensure the veneers fit properly. Molds and impressions of your teeth are then taken and sent to the dental laboratory that will construct your veneers. If necessary, we may provide you with temporaries until the permanent veneers are completed. During your final appointment, your veneers will be checked for quality and then permanently bonded to the front of your teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Veneers?
The main advantage of veneers is their incredible versatility. As we mentioned above, veneers can be used to correct a wide variety of imperfections in your smile. Believe it or not, they come with a few other benefits too, such as:
- Longevity: Veneers last much longer than other cosmetic treatments like bonding or teeth whitening. With the proper care, they can last up to 20 years!
- Stain-resistant: Unlike your natural tooth enamel, veneers do not easily stain when exposed to items like tobacco, coffee, tea, or dark sauces.
- Natural appearance: Veneers are designed to perfectly blend in with your smile while also correcting various imperfections.
- Conservative: Veneers require that less enamel be removed than dental crowns do, allowing you to keep more of your natural tooth structure.
How Can You Make Your Veneers Last?
Luckily, veneers don’t require special care when compared to your natural teeth in order to keep them in good condition. Simple follow these steps to maintain your veneers:
- Brush twice a day with a non-abrasive, fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day, ideally after every meal and snack.
- See your cosmetic dentist in North Dallas every six months for a checkup and cleaning.
- Avoid biting or chewing on hard items, like ice, pencils, or hard candies.
- If you grind your teeth while you sleep, invest in a custom mouthguard from us to prevent damage to your veneers.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
When it comes to your smile, there is no room for error – that’s why quality is of the utmost importance! With that being said, cost is an important factor to consider when determining which cosmetic service is right for you. Keep reading to learn how you can attain that picture-perfect Hollywood smile and how to make veneers in North Dallas affordable.
Smile-Transforming Cosmetic Treatments: Which Is Right For You?
Thanks to innovations in the field of dentistry, there are a variety of cosmetic treatments available that can perfect your smile. Unfortunately, this can make it a bit difficult to determine which one is right for you and your budget in the short and long term. Here are a few things to consider about some of the most popular options:
- Braces – Both metal braces and discreet alternatives are extremely effective at gradually shifting your teeth into a more aesthetically pleasing position, leaving crooked and gapped teeth in the past. Depending on your unique smile goals, you can typically expect to spend around $5,000 to $6,000. So, it’s safe to say that it is a big-time investment! The downside is that if you want to address the shade or shape of your teeth as well, that requires additional treatments.
- Teeth Whitening – With over 80% of Americans reporting they wished they had lighter teeth, it’s not surprising that whitening treatments continue to be extremely popular. Since an in-office treatment can lighten your smile up to 8 shades in a single visit, this is a relatively fast and less expensive approach. However, it doesn’t address the shape or position of your teeth.
- Direct Bonding – This smile-perfecting cosmetic service is ideal for addressing minor chips, cracks, and imperfections. However, it does need to be redone every few years and is not capable of creating more extensive transformations.
- Veneers – Not only can this cosmetic treatment be completed in as little as two visits, but it also is the most efficient way to completely transform every aspect of your smile, from the color and shape to the position. So, while it may not initially seem like the cheapest option, the value of erasing all of your concerns in one service should not be dismissed!
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Since veneers aren’t considered medically necessary, they aren’t typically covered by dental insurance providers. However, that doesn’t mean your treatment can’t be affordable. At your initial consultation, our cosmetic dentist in North Dallas, Dr. Rouhani, and our team will go over all the financial options available to you, including flexible financing through CareCredit and Lending Club. That way, you can break up the overall cost into budget-friendly payments that benefit your smile and your wallet!
Porcelain Veneers FAQ’s
While the idea of achieving a gorgeous new smile in a matter of weeks may seem too good to be true, it’s certainly possible with porcelain veneers. But, if you’re like most of our patients, you’d like to know more about the veneers procedure before you commit to using it to cosmetically enhance your smile. To help you out, we’ve provided a list of five frequently asked questions we’ve answered at our North Dallas office. If you have questions or concerns, or you’re ready to have your smile revamped, don’t hesitate to contact us to request a visit!
What’s better for stained teeth, veneers or professional whitening?
We use the highest quality whitening agents available to lift stubborn stains, but some tooth discoloration can’t be resolved with this route. For situations like this, veneers are the perfect solution. By covering the blemished teeth, they provide you with a rejuvenated smile and a confidence boost to go along with it!
How long does the procedure take?
At your first appointment, we’ll make sure your oral health is sufficient for receiving veneers. If everything checks out, we’ll perform the preparatory work, which will conclude with us sending bite impressions to our in-network lab. It usually takes around two to three weeks for the final veneers to arrive, at which time we’ll invite you back to our office to permanently place them.
Can I have my teeth whitened after veneers are placed?
If you’re interested in teeth whitening, then you’ll need to have it done before you have your veneers placed. Otherwise, they can become worn and left with a tarnished look. You should also take note that veneers are highly resistant to staining, so with proper care, you can maintain a beautiful smile for up to 20 years.
Am I a candidate for veneers?
Before we start the process of placing veneers in North Dallas, we’ll perform a careful assessment of your oral health. The last thing you want is to have untreated gum disease or an unaddressed cavity compromise your gorgeous new smile. Thus, once we’ve performed an examination to make sure everything is in order, you can confidently proceed.
Do veneers offer any functional benefits?
One of the great perks of veneers is that they can provide more than just smile enhancement. For example, if you have a chipped tooth or gap between your teeth, it can impact your pronunciation and the way you chew food. By creating a more balanced smile, veneers can encourage better digestion (through creating an even bite) and make it easier to speak clearly.