Veneers – North Dallas, TX
Fast and Life-Changing Cosmetic Treatment
Have you ever watched a movie and been overcome with jealousy at how all the stars seem to have perfect teeth? That’s actually because many of them choose to enhance their smiles with veneers. This fast and life-changing cosmetic treatment can correct virtually any imperfection you may have in your smile, from chips to stubborn stains. Give yourself a smile fit for the silver screen by getting veneers in North Dallas!
Why Choose Dental Attraction for Veneers?
- Dentist Is an Expert in Cosmetic Dentistry
- Treatment Only Takes Two Appointments
- Designed to Replace Several Cosmetic Issues at Once
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are a powerfully versatile cosmetic treatment. They are thin shells made of dental porcelain that are cemented to the front of your problem teeth to improve their size, shape, and color. Veneers can be used to correct:
- Broken teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Very worn-down teeth
- Teeth with gaps or spaces
- Mildly misaligned or crooked teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
How Are Veneers Made?
When it has been decided that veneers are right for your smile, we will begin custom-making them right away. In preparation, we will perform a detailed examination and remove a small layer of tooth enamel to ensure the veneers fit properly. Molds and impressions of your teeth are then taken and sent to the dental laboratory that will construct your veneers. If necessary, we may provide you with temporaries until the permanent veneers are completed. During your final appointment, your veneers will be checked for quality and then permanently bonded to the front of your teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Veneers?
The main advantage of veneers is their incredible versatility. As we mentioned above, veneers can be used to correct a wide variety of imperfections in your smile. Believe it or not, they come with a few other benefits too, such as:
- Longevity: Veneers last much longer than other cosmetic treatments like bonding or teeth whitening. With the proper care, they can last up to 20 years!
- Stain-resistant: Unlike your natural tooth enamel, veneers do not easily stain when exposed to items like tobacco, coffee, tea, or dark sauces.
- Natural appearance: Veneers are designed to perfectly blend in with your smile while also correcting various imperfections.
- Conservative: Veneers require that less enamel be removed than dental crowns do, allowing you to keep more of your natural tooth structure.
How Can You Make Your Veneers Last?
Luckily, veneers don’t require special care when compared to your natural teeth in order to keep them in good condition. Simple follow these steps to maintain your veneers:
- Brush twice a day with a non-abrasive, fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day, ideally after every meal and snack.
- See your cosmetic dentist in North Dallas every six months for a checkup and cleaning.
- Avoid biting or chewing on hard items, like ice, pencils, or hard candies.
- If you grind your teeth while you sleep, invest in a custom mouthguard from us to prevent damage to your veneers.
To learn more about porcelain veneers, we invite you to contact us at Dental Attraction today. We are eager to help you improve your smile!